October 26, 2020
10 Weeks until the end of the transition period
Here at Sound Moves, we are fully aware of the potential challenges that lay ahead once the EU transitional arrangements come to an end at 23:00 UTC/GMT December 31st, 2020.
To prepare ourselves to advise our clients in relation to the new processes for moving goods between the UK and EU once we leave the EU single market, we have have embarked on a comprehensive and accredited staff training programme to enable us to have uniform knowledge of the latest processes and procedures.
Whilst we await further Government advice on the finer details of customs processes and procedures it is vital that those intending to trade with Europe make some preparatory steps as soon as possible -
• Ensure that if you plan to import/export with the European Community after Jan 1st, 2021 that your business is registered with HMRC and you have applied for and obtained a valid EORI Number. https://www.gov.uk/eori
• Liaise now with your European partners and suppliers and confirm that they in turn are ready for the new Customs regimes and processes effective January 1st 2021
• Plan ahead, delays are inevitable, this is particularly relevant in the periods leading up to and immediately after exit, it should be noted that overnight services and weekend deliveries may be subject to delay and, in some instances, especially at weekends may prove to be impossible
• Cash flow planning is essential, any duties and taxes due will need to be paid before final delivery can be affected
• Consult us about classification of goods within the new UK Global tariff in relation to import duty and VAT liabilities
• ATA Carnets can be arranged for goods travelling to the European Community on a temporary basis
We, as always are fully committed to supporting our clients and partners throughout the challenges ahead, please contact a team member at any time for further advice and assistance on all Brexit matters.
Thanks for visiting Sound Moves
COVID19 update –
Our proactive ethos is to deal with issues before they arise via stringent contingency planning and 24/7 delivery. The safety of our staff is paramount in these unprecedented times but please be aware that the global operational and commercial teams are very much open for business and ready to assist whatever your request. Please contact the numbers below for assistance: -
+44 (0) 1784 424 470
NEW JERSEY -
+1 908 486 0469
NEW YORK -
+1 516 239 5250
LOS ANGELES -
+1 310 970 4270